Canon’s LASER CLASS 650i Multifunction Facsimile System offers the flexible productivity for your business. The rich fax feature set includes versatile dialing capabilities, high memory capacity, and the ability to automate the storage of incoming data with Job Forwarding. Beyond fax, there are numerous functions that help achieve seamless workflows and enhanced productivity. Copy one – or two-sided originals at speeds of up to 29 pages per minute (letter) with the convenient copying feature. Consolidate existing single-function fax and printer devices into one with the device’s standard wired and wireless network capabilities. Easily send and send documents in color to your PC, network, or email with the standard sending capability. All with an intuitive interface that includes an animated 5-line LCD screen, one-touch faxing keys, and dedicated Solution Keys.
- A compact fax-centric MFP supporting up to legal-sized paper, the LASER CLASS 650i model features a smart, comfortable design and that enables the system to be placed in areas with limited space.
- The standard Super G3 fax functionality delivers the ability to transmit faxes at impressive speeds, allowing businesses to consolidate separate single-function fax and print devices into one compact unit.
- Protect confidential documents by printing them to the standard Secured Print, and release them with your PIN code when ready.
- The user-friendly interface features 19 on-touch destination keys, an animated 5-line LCD, and dedicated Solution Keys for easy operation of advanced features.
- Be productive with the standard 50-sheet Automatic Document Feeder. The LASER CLASS 650i includes duplex scanning in addition to auto duplex output capabilities, enabling users to scan and copy with virtually nonstop productivity. The LASER CLASS 650i can capture originals at up to 29 ipm (BW, LTR, 300 x 300 dpi), and it supports scanning color originals up to Legal size.
- The standard Send Lite technology gives users the ability to scan and send documents in color directly to various destinations such as e-mail addresses, USB memory media, or even a particular folder on their network or computers. Includes support for PDF High Compression technology for efficient handling of color image data.
- LASER CLASS 650i is ready to handle your office prints with standard UFR II LT, PCL 5e/6 and Postscript3 (emulation) printing. The standard 10/100 Base-Tx Ethernet and Wireless a/b/g networking give you maximum flexibility for network connectivity.
- With standard a 300-sheet paper capacity (250-sheet cassette plus 50-sheet stack bypass) a maximum paper capacity of 800 sheets, the LASER CLASS 650i model enables longer runs between paper refills, allowing offices to be more productive.
- Standard duplex scanning and printing capability provides users with the ability to copy/print their documents on either one or two sides of paper, saving paper, toner, and energy. N-up printing and copying further reduces paper usage. Eco Copy mode helps save on paper costs by automatically making copies 2-up and printing on both sides of the page.
- The LASER CLASS 650i gives IT managers control and helps drive cost out of operations with a variety of tools including the standard Remote User Interface, support for Canon’s imageWARE Enterprise Management Console application, and Canon’s Generic PCL6 driver to simplify driver deployment. The system also supports imageWARE Remote, Canon’s eMaintenance solution.
- ID Card Copy mode provides a simple way to copy both sides of an ID card onto a single page.
- Save on your electrical use with the ENERGY STAR-qualified LASER CLASS 650i model. The model also uses only 2.3W sleep mode and has a very low EPA Typical Electrical Consumption value.
- All-in-one Toner Cartridge: The LASER CLASS 830i provides for a quick and easy maintenance of customer-replaceable components. The black toner and drum unit are combined into one unit. The yield for this cartridge is approximately 6,400 pages @ 5% coverage.
Main Unit Spec
|Type||Desktop Facsimile Transceiver
Printing Method: Monochrome Laser, RAPID Fusing System
50-sheet Stack Bypass
Optional: 500-sheet Paper Cassette Feeder
|Paper Weight||Cassette 1/2: 16 lb. Bond to 23 lb. Bond (60 to 89 g/m²)
Bypass: 16 lb. Bond to 60 lb. Cover (60 to 163 g/m²)
|Paper Type||Cassette 1/2: Plain, Heavy 1, Recycled, Color
Plain, Heavy 1, Heavy 2, Recycled, Color, Transparency, Label, Index Card, Envelopes
|Output Tray Capacity||Approx. 150 Sheets (20 lb. Bond)|
|Recording Paper Size||Letter/Legal|
|Duplex||Standard: Automatic Trayless
Supported Functions: Send, Copy, Print, Fax (TX/RX)
|Warm-Up Time||From Power Off: 11 Seconds or Less
From Sleep Mode: 5 Seconds or Less
|Dimensions (H x L x W)|
|Main Unit||17" x 18-5/8" x 18-5/8" (431mm x 473mm x 473mm)|
|With Casette||22-3/8" x 18-5/8" x 18-5/8" (569mm x 473mm x 473mm)|
|Installation Space (W x D)|
|Main Unit||31-3/8" x 26-1/2" x 50-3/8" (795mm x 672mm x 1279mm)|
|With Casette||36-3/4" x 26-1/2" x 50-3/8" (933mm x 672mm x 1279mm)|
|Weight||(with cartridge): Approx. 42.8 lb.|
|Cartridge Average Yield||Black (Starter): 2,100 Standard Pages†
Black: 6,400 Standard Pages†
|Power Source||120-127V 60Hz
Plug: NEMA 5-15P
|Temperature||50°F to 86°F|
|Humidity||20% to 80% RH (no condensation)|
|Memory Backup||24 Hours
Scan Method: Duplexing Automatic Document Feeder (DADF)/Platen
Sensor Type: Color Contact Image Sensor
Original Size: Platen: Up to 8-1/2" x 11"
DADF Maximum: 8-1/2" x 14" (215.9mm x 355.6mm)
DADF Minimum: 5-1/8" x 5-1/2" (129mm x 139.7mm)
DADF Paper Capacity (20 lb.): Up to 50 Sheets (Letter)
Scan Speed: (Letter, Simplex, 300 dpi x 300 dpi)
BW: 29 ipm
Color: 10 ipm
Halftones: 256 Gradations
Scan Resolution (Max.): 600 x 600 dpi (Optical) 9600 x 9600 dpi (Interpolated, MF Toolbox)
Pull Scan: USB and Network (TWAIN, WIA)
Push Scan (to PC): Method: USB and Network
File Formats: PDF (Compact), PDF, JPEG, TIFF, BMP?, PNG??
Security: Secure Print, IPv6, IEEE 802.1x, WEP, WPA, WPS Simple Setup, SNMPv3, Bonjour, IP Block, MAC Address Block, Memory Lock Reception, Department ID, Confirm Fax Number, Restrict Recall, Restrict Sequential Broadcast, Restrict Destinations, Restrict PC Fax, Hide Job History, Restrict USB Ports
|Applicable Line||Public Switched Telephone Network*
Maximum Number of Lines: 1
|Data Compression System||MH, MR, MMR, JBIG|
|Modem Speed||33.6 Kbps Super G3 with Automatic Fallback|
|Transmission Speed||Approx. 3 Seconds Per Page**
Duplex Faxing: Transmit and Receive
Fax Resolutions (dpi): 400 x 400, 200 x 400, 200 x 200, 200 x 100
|Memory Transmission/Reception||Max, TX Memory Jobs: 10 / Max, RX Memory Jobs: 30
Backup: Up to 24 Hours
|Dialing||One-Touch Keys: 19 Destinations
Coded Dialing: 181 Destinations
Group Dial: 199 Destinations
Sequential Dial: 210 Destinations
|Additional Fax Features||Memory Lock Reception; Manual Sending; Toner Save Mode; Fax Forward to E-mail/SMB; Address Book Dialing; Regular Dialing (with numeric keys); Automatic Redialing (up to 15 attempts); Manual Redialing; Automatic Reception; Remote Reception by Telephone; Send Results Report; Receive Results Report; Transmission Management Report; PC Faxing
|Copy Speed||(BW; Letter): Up to 35 ppm
Display 5-Line with Scrolling Text/Animations
Solution Keys Secure Print, Eco-Copy, Scan to PC1, Scan to PC2
Other 19 One-Touch Keys, Energy Saver Key
Memory: Standard/Maximum: 256MB
Network Interface Connection: 10Base-T/100Base-TX (RJ-45), Wireless LAN (b/g/n)
Other Interface: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (Device) x1, (Host) x1
|Copy Output Resolution||300 x 600 dpi (Text/Photo)
600 x 600 dpi [Text/Photo (Quality), Photo, Text]
Multiple Copies: 1-99 Copies
|First-Copy Time||(Letter): 8 Seconds or Less
(Additional): Eco-Copy Mode, Toner Save Mode, Magnification (Manual Zoom: 25-400%; 9 Preset Ratios), N-on-1, Density Adjustment, Auto Noise Reduction, ID Card Copy Mode, Frame Erase, Mode Memory, Sharpness Adjustment
|Print Speed||6 Seconds or Less ***|
|Supported PDL||UFR II LT, PCL 5e/6, PostScript 3 Emulation|
|Interface||PCL 5e/6; PostScript 3 Emulation; UFR II LT: Windows® (XP/Vista®/7), Windows Server (2003, 2008, 2008 R2/ Small Business Server 2011), Macintosh® (OS X 10.5.8 or later) (UFR II LT, PS only)
USB: PCL 5e/6; PostScript 3 Emulation; UFR II LT: Windows (XP/Vista/7), Macintosh (OS X 10.5.8 or later) (UFR II LT, PS only)
Additional Print Features: Standard Duplex Printing, Auto Paper Select (A4 to Letter), Secure Print, USB Memory Print (JPEG, TIFF), Booklet Printing, Watermark, Poster Printing, File Combination, Toner Save Mode
|Print Resolution||600 x 600 dpi; 1200 x 600 dpi equivalent|
COLOR SEND FEATURE
|Sending Methods||E-mail (SMTP), File Server (SMB), USB Memory|
|Color Mode||Color, BW|
|File Server||SMB (TCP/IP)|
|PDF (Compact), PDF|
|File Server||File Server/USB Memory: PDF (Compact), PDF, JPEG, TIFF BMPs, PNGss|
|Paper Feeder Unit PF-44 (Optional)
Paper Sizes: Legal, Letter, Executive, Custom Sizes (Width: 4" to 8-1/2"; Length: 5-13/16" to 14")
Cassette Capacity: 500 Sheets (20 lb. Bond)
Dimensions (H x W x D): 6-1/2" x 14-1/2" x 17-3/8" (166mm x 390mm x 441mm)
Weight: Approx. 9 lb. (4.1kg)
Toner cartridge yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752.
* The Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) currently supports 28.8 Kbps modem speed or lower. Note that speeds can vary depending on the telephone line conditions.
** Based on ITU-T (ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector) Standard Chart No.1, JB16 Standard mode.
*** May vary depending on the output environment.
* BMP for Windows only.
** PNG for Mac OS only.
+ Using Windows version of MF Toolbox.
++ Using Mac version of MF Toolbox.