Canon’s LASER CLASS 830i Multifunction Facsimile System offers you the flexibility and productivity you are looking for.
The rich fax feature set includes versatile dialing capabilities, high memory capacity, and the ability to automate the storage of incoming and outgoing data with Job Forwarding and TX Archiving. Beyond fax, there are numerous functions that help achieve seamless workflows and enhanced productivity. Duplicate one – or two-sided originals at speeds of up to 23 pages per minute (letter) with the convenient copying feature. Consolidate existing single-function fax and printer devices into one with the device’s standard network printing capabilities. Change the way you communicate with the flexibility provided by the standard Color Send feature of the LASER CLASS 830i that allows you to scan and send data to e-mail address destinations, I-fax-capable machines, FTP or SMB destinations, in a variety of formats.
- Color Send: The LASER CLASS 830i model has color sending capabilities as standard. With Color Send technology, users can easily scan paper documents and send them to one or multiple destinations via e-mail or network folders, in one simple operation. Canon’s proprietary PDF Compact mode is supported which helps reduce the size of the resulting Color PDF files when documents are distributed across a network. This will enable easy handling of large color documents across the network.
- Super G3 Technology featuring JBIG compression helps reduce phone line charges by transmitting data at 33.6 Kbps with scanning at up to 45 images per minute. This helps save both time and money while increasing fax productivity.
- High Speed, High Quality Output is standard on the LASER CLASS 800 Series devices. Documents can be printed as fast as 23-ppm, even when printing at 1200-dpi.
- Productive Document Feeding via the 50-sheet Automatic Document Feeder. The LASER CLASS 830i includes new duplex scanning in addition to auto duplex output capabilities, enabling users to scan and copy with virtually nonstop productivity. The LASER CLASS 830i model can capture originals at up to 45 ipm (LTR, 100/200 dpi), and it supports scanning color originals up to Ledger size.
- High Volume Paper Capacities: The LASER CLASS 830i comes standard with a paper supply of 600 sheets up to Legal-size: one 500-sheet front-loading adjustable cassettes and a 100-sheet multi-purpose tray, with the option of an additional 500-sheet letter-sized cassette, bringing the maximum paper capacity to 1,100 sheets.
- Network Print Technology: The LASER CLASS 830i offers network print technology as standard. Canon’s proprietary UFR II LT technology helps reduce the overall printing time as the processing tasks that conventionally execute within the printer are now done at the host PC. This allows the powerful processing power found in today’s computers to be utilized to help achieve a significant increase in productivity. The LASER CLASS 830i also offers standard PCL 5e/6 support.
- Memory: The LASER CLASS 830i ships standard with a large memory of up to 1,500 pages (40MB).
- All-in-one Toner Cartridge: The LASER CLASS 830i provides for a quick and easy maintenance of customer-replaceable components. The black toner and drum unit are combined into one unit. The yield for this cartridge is approximately 4,500 pages @ 5% coverage.
Main Unit Specs
|Title||LASER CLASS 830i|
|Applicable Line||Public Switched Telephone Network**|
|Automatic Document Feeder|
|Letter Sized Sheets||Up to 50 Sheets*|
|Ledger Sized Sheets||Up to 20 Sheets*|
|Scanning Method||Contact Image Sensor Duplexing Automatic|
|Maximum||11-3/4" x 24-7/8"|
|Minimum||5-7/8" x 5-7/8"
Standard: 600 Sheets: 1 x 500-Sheet Adjustable Cassette
100-Sheet MultiPurpose Tray
Maximum: 1,100 Sheets with Optional
500-Sheet Cassette (Letter)
Acceptable Paper Weight: 17 lb. - 24 lb. Bond (Cassette)
15 lb. - 34 lb. Bond (MultiPurpose Tray)
Output Tray: 100 Sheets
Recording Paper Size: Letter/Legal
Duplex: Std. Scan and Print
Fixing System: RAPID Fusing System
Warm-Up Time: 19 seconds from Power On
Memory Backup: Up to 3 Hours
|Data Compression System||MH, MR, MMR, JBIG|
|Modem Speed||33.6 Kbps Super G3 Automatic Fallback|
|Transmission Speed||Approx. 3 Sec./Page
(ECM-JBIG, Transmitting from Memory)***
Memory Transmission/Reception Approx. 1,500 Pages***
|Ultra Fine Mode|
|Ultra Fine||400 X 400 dpi|
|Super Fine Mode|
|Super Fine||200 x 400 dpi|
|Fine Mode||200 x 200 dpi|
|Standard Mode||200 x 100 dpi|
|Receiving Paper Tray|
|Cartridge Yield||Approx. 4,500 Pages (At 5% Coverage)
Toner Cartridge: FX11 Cartridge
Sleep: Approx. 3.5W
Power Source: 120V-127V 50/60Hz
|Dimensions (excluding handset)||Main Unit: 17-3/4" x 20-1/2" x 19"
With Cassette: 22-7/8" x 20-1/2" x 19"
Installation Space (W x D): 43-1/4" x 38-3/4" (Including Optional Handset)
|Weight (excluding handset)||56.2 lb.|
|Temperature||59F - 86F (15C - 30C)|
|Humidity||10% - 80% RH|
|One Touch Speed Dialing||80 Destinations|
|Coded Speed Dialing||420 Destinations|
|Group Dialing||499 Destinations
Address Book Dialing
Manual Dialing (Numeric Keys)
Manual Re-Dialing (Redial/Pause Key)
|Sequential Broadcast||501 Destinations|
|Options||Additional Fax Features:
Type: Monochrome Laser
Copy Speed: Up to 23 Pages/Min. (Letter)
Max. Number of Copies: 99
Scan Resolution: 600 x 600 dpi
Copy Resolution: 1200 x 600 dpi (Enhanced)
Halftones: 256 Shades of Gray
First-Copy Time: Less Than 13 Seconds
Duplex Function: Yes (Letter-R/Legal)
Copy Features: Electronic Sort
Copy Memory (Shared): 256MB
Print Speed: Up to 23 Pages/Min. (Letter)
Supported PDL: Std. UFR II LT and PCL 5e/6
Interface: 10/100Base-TX, USB Hi-Speed 2.0
Print Resolution: 1200 x 600 dpi (Enhanced)
Duplex Function: Yes
Print Memory (Shared): 256MB
Network OS: Windows 98/Me/2000/Server 2003/XP/Windows Vista/Macintosh OSX (10.2.8 - 10.4.6)
|Options||COLOR SEND FEATURE: (LASER CLASS 830i ONLY)
Sending Methods: E-mail, I-fax, File Server
Color Mode: Color, Black and White
E-mail/I-fax: SMTP, POP3, I-fax (Simple Mode)
File Server: FTP (TCP/IP), SMB (TCP/IP)
File Server/E-mail: TIFF, PDF, JPEG, PDF (Compact)
I-fax: TIFF (MH, MR, MMR)
|Legal||* 21 lb. Bond
** The Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) currently supports 28.8 Kbps modem speed or lower, depending on telephone line conditions.
*** Based on ITU No. 1 Chart (JBIG, Standard Mode).
^ Only one broadcast destination can be specified using the numeric keys.
^^ Standard on LASER CLASS 830i; optional on LASER CLASS 810.
^^^ Only available for UFR II LT.